Filed under: Avenged Sevenfold, Avenged Sevenfold Crew, Avenged Sevenfold Family, Deathbat News
After 7 years, it’s time for Deathbat News to come to an end. When I created this website I never imagined it would become what it did. The love and support from fans over the years has been incredible. Because of you, Deathbat News had a worldwide audience to spread the word about Avenged Sevenfold to and our community turned into a family. A family I will always be a part of. I can’t express my sincere thanks enough to you all. I truly cherish the friendships, memories and experiences that have come from this.
I also owe great thanks to M. Shadows, Zacky Vengeance, Synyster Gates, Johnny Christ, Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan, Arin Ilejay, Larry Jacobson, Alex Reese, Kazy Brown, everyone on Avenged Sevenfold’s team at Warner Brothers Records, Mr and Mrs Sullivan, Diony, Marvin, Bruce, Za, Dave and the rest of Avenged Sevenfold’s tour crew, Jodi, Francis, Brian Haner Sr, Chris Epting and family, Cam Rackam, John Reese, John Oakes, Jessica, Danielle, Cheryl, Elizabeth, Brandon Geist and Revolver Magazine, Josh Bernstein at Alternative Press, Alexander Milas and Metal Hammer, Kerrang!, Hopeless Records, MTV, Active Rock Radio and everyone else who helped me and supported me over the years.
Regarding the website: You will be able to access it using DeathbatNews.com for the foreseeable future. If that’s to change, you can use deathbatnews.wordpress.com. If needed, I can still be contacted at email@example.com.
UPDATE: Avenged Sevenfold on Deathbat News’ closing:
After 7 years of being the number one source for Avenged Sevenfold news we are sad to let you know that the owner of Deathbatnews.com has decided to move on and no longer update the website. The person responsible for the website has never revealed her identity so we won’t do that here, but we truly want to thank her for her dedication and hard work over the years. In a world where websites and media make a living off of “click bait”, stirring the pot and misleading headlines, Deathbatnews was always run with facts and integrity. In the end, this played a big role in her deciding to close the site down. This website will be sorely missed as it was the number one source for band members and crew to become aware of news that we didn’t know about. “Deathbat Lady”, we will miss you and thank you for your years of dedication.
Avenged Sevenfold performed live in Bristow, VA at Mayhem Festival 2014 on August 3rd, 2014. Photo galleries from the event can be found here. Please check back regularly for updates. All photos for Deathbat News shot by Jessica Martin – Please DO NOT REMOVE/CROP COPYRIGHT TAG, ALTER IMAGES or REPOST in any way. Thank you.
- Avenged Sevenfold’s photo set from their show in Bristow, VA.
- TD Wehle‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Bristow, VA photo gallery.
- Contact Music‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Bristow, VA photo gallery.
- Rock Front:Center‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Bristow, VA photo gallery.
- Idobi‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Bristow, VA photo gallery.
- The Vinyl District‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Bristow, VA photo gallery.
- Deathbat News’ Avenged Sevenfold live in Bristow, VA photo gallery by Jessica Martin.
Avenged Sevenfold performed live in Toronto, ON at Mayhem Festival 2014 on July 25th, 2014. Photo galleries from the event can be found here. Please check back regularly for updates. All photos for Deathbat News shot by MJ Murphy – Please DO NOT REMOVE/CROP COPYRIGHT TAG, ALTER IMAGES or REPOST in any way. Thank you.
- Avenged Sevenfold’s photo from their show in Toronto, ON.
- Dave MacIntyre‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Confront Magazine‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Rockxposure‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Lithium Magazine‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- AFGM‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Live In Limbo‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Benvenuto Studios‘ Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Stephanie Tran‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Set Vexy‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Jairo Lopez‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Pure Grain Audio‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Adam Harrison‘s Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery.
- Deathbat News’ Avenged Sevenfold live in Toronto, ON photo gallery by MJ Murphy.
I attended the Lafayette, La stop of Avenged Sevenfold’s Shepherd Of Fire Tour (set list found here) and am still riding a post-concert high. If there is a date on this tour in your area you do not want to miss it. It is a spectacular show. I had such a wonderful night and owe a special THANK YOU to Avenged Sevenfold for giving Deathbat News a shout-out (and for everything else!), to all the fans that screamed when asked if they read this website and to all the fans who are new visitors. What a surreal moment. With that said, here are a few shots I took at the show. Please DO NOT REMOVE/CROP COPYRIGHT TAG, ALTER IMAGES or REPOST in any way. Thank you.
Deathbat News is giving two Avenged Sevenfold fans the chance to win an Avenged Sevenfold Premier VIP Package to the Shepherd Of Fire Tour date of their choice! Just answer the 5 trivia questions correctly (leave them in a comment here) and you’ll be entered to win! All answers can be found here on Deathbat News; the hints provided should assist you in your search. Please provide your email address & what show you’d like to attend when entering. Contest ends Sun, Mar 23rd at 11:59pm EST. Winners will be contacted on Mon, Mar 24th.
- Which three songs by which artist does M Shadows use to warm his vocals up before shows? (4 total answers: 3 song titles + artist name) (Hint: KROQ)
- What tattoo does Arin share with one of Bullet For My Valentine’s guitar techs? (Hint: Browny)
- In 2012, what TV show did Johnny Christ say was his guilty pleasure? (Hint: Hot Topic)
- What did Synyster Gates say his 9-5 job would be if he wasn’t in Avenged Sevenfold? (Hint: The Fox)
- What three must-have’s did Zacky Vengeance say he needs with him on tour? (3 total answers) (Hint: Road Rage)
CONTEST IS CLOSED.
Winners have been contacted – Thanks to everyone who participated!
Contest has met deadline – no longer taking submissions. Congratulations to Casey M, David S and Matthew C. Thank you to all of those who took part!
Deathbat News and ArtsQuest are teaming up to give away three (3) pairs of tickets to see Avenged Sevenfold at Musikfest on August 11th in Bethlehem, PA with guests Mindset Evolution and Fight Or Flight. Fill out THIS FORM and you’ll be be entered to win. This contest will run from July 19th to July 25th. Winners will be notified via email on July 29th. You must be a legal resident of the USA and at least 16 years of age. If under 18 you must obtain parent or legal guardian’s consent to enter. You must provide your own transportation.
Wow. 5 years, guys. It’s a big one. Short and sweet. To Avenged Sevenfold, Warner Brothers Records, World Audience and all of the fans, please know how much I mean it when I say – Thank y’all SO much for everything. I am so appreciative and thankful. We all have a lot to look forward to together.
With that said – This will likely be the last birthday post (not the last birthday!) for Deathbat News but every year when November 17th rolls around there’s no doubt I’ll reflect on the history of the website. Here’s to many more. Stay connected with Deathbat News on Twitter and Facebook. Please take a moment to check out the Family & Friends for a list of all of those that have shown their support of Deathbat News. Thank you again.
Watch Avenged Sevenfold perform “Carry On” in Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2:
——- CONTEST IS CLOSED ——-
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 featuring “Carry On” by Avenged Sevenfold and an awesome animated performance from the band is out today and I’ve got 5 copies to give away to Deathbat News readers! All you have to do is comment with your answers to the following questions. Please include your gaming system and email address in your comment. Winners will be chosen at random out of those who answered all 5 questions correctly and contacted via email within 24 hours. This contest is open to US residents only and will end at 9pm EST/6pm PST. Thanks to WBR for providing the prizes.
1. What is the name of the specially made touring rig M Shadows brings on the road for gaming? Fort Knox.
2. Before the “Nightmare” album was released this Avenged Sevenfold song made it’s debut in a video showcasing new footage from Call Of Duty: Black Ops. Which song was it? Welcome To The Family.
3. On what tour and in what city did Avenged Sevenfold play “Not Ready To Die” from Call Of Duty: Black Ops: Call Of The Dead live for the first time? (2011) Rockstar Uproar tour in Boston/Mansfield, MA.
4. What can be used to shoot down the SR-71 Blackbird in Call of Duty: Black Ops? It cannot be shot down (answers that mentioned Counter-Spy Plane counted) .
5. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2′s story jumps between two timelines. You’ll play primarily in 2025 as Character A and in the 80′s via flashbacks as Character B. What are the characters names? Character A: David Mason & Character B: Alex Mason.
Just a friendly reminder to let you guys know that Deathbat News is available on social networks. Want your Avenged Sevenfold news even quicker? Follow Deathbat News on Twitter and “Like” the Deathbat News Facebook page – when news is posted come on over to the website to discuss with your fellow Avenged Sevenfold fans and Deathbat News readers.
Filed under: Avenged Sevenfold, Deathbat News, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, News
Today would mark the 31st birthday of Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan and I wanted to do something special for the Sullivan’s (and the Avenged Sevenfold Family) on a day when an extraordinary life was brought into the world and, over the years, became an inspiration to us all.
Myself and a few good friends – Charlie E, Jessica M, Jake R, Kristen D and Elizabeth J – came together to purchase a star from the International Star Registry in honor and memory of James Owen Sullivan. The star which bears his name was created today (2/9/2012) and placed in the Ursa Major constellation also know as the Great Bear. This constellation is widely known as housing the Big Dipper.
The custom star kit from the International Star Registry along with a letter I sent was presented to the Sullivan family yesterday by the wonderful Mr Chris Epting on behalf of not only myself and the group that donated money towards the star but the entire Deathbat News and Avenged Sevenfold family. Restating what was written in the letter:
“Jimmy has been immortalized through his music and legacy and now he will FoREVer be looking down upon us all.”
Fans also formed together overnight to celebrate Jimmy’s birthday by getting two trends rolling Worldwide on Twitter:
Thanks Viktoria for the screenshot.
Filed under: Deathbat News
This may not be Avenged Sevenfold related but news is slow and there’s no way I could pass up sharing this even if I am getting to it a few days late. Incredible.
And so it begins! A Happy New Year goes out to you all as we welcome in 2012 and bid a goodbye to 2011. What is your 2012 New Years resolution?
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you that are celebrating! I hope y’all are enjoying your weekend and time spent with your families. What kind of presents did you guys receive? Anything Avenged Sevenfold or Vengeance University related?
Filed under: Avenged Sevenfold, Contests, Deathbat News, Fans, News, Publications
Congrats to Brian Wilson for winning the contest!
In addition to Revolver Magazine’s 100th issue featuring M Shadows and The 100 Greatest Living Rock Stars the publication is running a poll to find out what you think is the “Song Of The Year” and Avenged Sevenfold’s “Buried Alive” is in the running. There would be nothing better than dominating this poll and giving these guys the title so I’m going to sweeten this up a bit. You’ll be entered to win an autographed Avenged Sevenfold set-list and an Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt when you follow the instructions below. Come back here and comment to let me know that you voted and shared the contest. Winner will be chosen at random on Dec 19th. This contest is open internationally. And don’t forget, you can vote as many times as you want in the poll until Dec 19th.
- “Like” Deathbat News on Facebook.
- Post the following as your status: Vote A7X’s “Buried Alive” In Revolver’s “Song Of The Year” Poll: http://bit.ly/u0dixX @deathbatnews #A7XBuriedAliveSOTY
NOTE: As long as you share through one of the above you are entered.
Deathbat News reader and Avenged Sevenfold fan Jake got the chance of a lifetime during the Bismarck, ND stop of the “Buried Alive” tour when he was invited on stage to play lead guitar on “So Far Away.” He also wrote in about his experience. Congrats Jake!
I go to Deathbat News multiple times a day for the past couple years and would really like to thank you for keeping me up to the minute on things. I would not have known they were letting fans on stage without your site. I made a sign asking to play “So Far Away” and brought it for both the Grand Forks and Bismark show and was fortunate enough to get up and play in Bismarck on Saturday night. I wanted to play this song in particular being it was written for the Rev; he is the reason I play drums and really wanted to take part in the song and it was an unforgettable moment and almost impossible to believe! I was fortunate enough to have met the band in 2006, including the Rev and never thought I would get to meet them again after they became so famous nor did I think they were going to actually have me come up. I feel like one of the luckiest people to get this opportunity to play such a meaningful song. Thank you and Avenged Sevenfold very much for making a dream come true.