Avenged Sevenfold are back with their brand new album “Hail To The King,” available on iTunes and in stores today! Over the past three years we have come together as a family and as a family we stand today. I don’t know about y’all but I remember how great it felt when Avenged Sevenfold debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 with “Nightmare” and I would love to make it happen again with “Hail To The King.”
So what do we need to do to make it happen? Purchase the album this week! Tell your family and friends to do the same! Not only are we up against some steady competition but we’re also working against streaming music services that have taken a toll on music sales. It’s up to us to get out there and make sure this album lands where it belongs: on top. I know the Avenged Sevenfold Family around the world will be representing at full force so USA? Are you with me? Here’s what you need to know:
- All PHYSICAL album purchases through retailers (Best Buy, Hot Topic, Walmart, Target, etc.) need to be made between TUESDAY, AUG 27TH and SATURDAY, AUG 31st.
– All DIGITAL album purchases through iTunes need to be made between TUESDAY, AUG 27th and SUNDAY, SEPT 1st.
What else counts towards debut week:
– All pre-orders.
– All physical albums purchased via retailers online (Amazon, Best Buy, Hot Topic, etc.) within the allotted time-frame.
– All digital albums purchased via iTunes within the allotted time-frame. Get the Deluxe Edition here.
– All albums included in the Limited Edition “Hail To The King” Box Set bundles.
– All albums included in the Avenged Sevenfold Bravado web-store bundles.
– All albums included in the “Hail To The King” Tour VIP packages (purchased prior to August 27th).
No matter the outcome.. One thing I’ve always admired about Avenged Sevenfold is that they don’t make albums to sell albums. They make music that they and their fans enjoy listening to. Avenged Sevenfold fans old and new can find something to appreciate within “Hail To The King.” I’ve gotten to spend a lot of time with this album and can say without a doubt it gets better with each and every listen. Blast this shit and enjoy an incredible album.
DISCUSSION: Did you get the Standard, Deluxe or Limited Edition box set? Buy more than one copy? Anyone purchase a vinyl copy? If you streamed the album on iTunes have your thoughts on it changed after a week? What are your favorite songs? What do y’all think of the bonus track “St. James?” Feel free to discuss the entire album right here with your fellow fans!
– Less than an hour after being officially released on iTunes, Avenged Sevenfold’s “Hail To The King” Deluxe Edition shot to #1. They still hold the #1 spot as of 8/29.
– As of 8/28 here are some of the positions “Hail To The King” holds on the global iTunes charts: Norway – #1, Brazil – #1, Italy – #1, Finland – #1, Canada – #1, Sweden – #1, Mexico – #2, UK – #2, New Zealand – #2, Denmark – #3, Austria – #3, Norway – #3, Australia – #3, Spain – #4, Switzerland – #4, Germany – #4, Ireland – #4, South Africa – #5, France – #7
– On 8/28 Billboard reported that Avenged Sevenfold are heading for their second #1 album (week ending on Sept 1st) on the Billboard 200 with a projected 175,000 albums sold. On 8/30 their projections were updated to 160,000-175,000 albums sold. Hits Daily Double also updated their projections to 155,000-175,000.
88 Comments so far
Leave a comment