On August 27th 2013 Avenged Sevenfold’s “Hail To The King” was released worldwide. Since the release of “Nightmare” in 2010 the Avenged Sevenfold Family managed to grow larger and stronger catapulting the band to a second No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200.
Congratulations to M Shadows, Zacky Vengeance, Johnny Christ, Synyster Gates and Arin Ilejay on the accomplishment and for making such an incredible album. Thank you to Avenged Sevenfold’s teams at Warner Bros. Records and World Audience for making the release of “Hail To The King” exciting and fun and THE FANS – The band deserved this and you made it happen.
– Less than an hour after being released (8/26) the deluxe edition of “Hail To The King” shot to #1 on the iTunes Overall Album chart and stayed there until 8/30.
– On 8/29 after first day sales Billboard reported that Avenged Sevenfold were on their way to a second No. 1 album with sales projections around 175,000 copies through the week ending in Sept 1st. Hits Daily Double reported sales could be between 170,000-180,000 copies sold. On 8/30 Billboard and Hits Daily Double updated their projections to 160,000-175,000 and 155,000-175,000 respectively. “Hail To The King” ended up debuting with 159,000 copies sold.
– Avenged Sevenfold’s “Hail To The King” charted in the Top 10 across the world: #1 in the UK, #1 in Canada, #1 in Ireland, #1 in Mexico, #1 in Brazil, #2 in Australia, #2 in Finland, #3 in New Zealand, #5 in Germany, #6 in Netherlands and #8 in Italy.
– Avenged Sevenfold: “We’re honored that our fans have once again put Heavy Metal at its rightful spot of #1. Celebrate today because this victory belongs to you.”
– Zacky Vengeance: “Thank you for making Hail to the King #1 all around the world. And don’t forget to party tonight like its 6661!”
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment